Extended Learning Coordinator
Job Title: Extended Learning Coordinator
Reports to: The Executive Director of TAF@Saghalie
Position Closes: Open until filled
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Every student can achieve academic success, yet the public education system was not designed to meet students of color where they are, instead they marginalized and underestimated their abilities. TAF partners with school districts, educators, and organizations to challenge the current public education system. We address the entire public education system, from top-to-bottom, providing STEM skills and equitable, anti-racist education environments where all students can succeed and by working with emerging and established education leaders of color to improve representation at every level. We:
- Co-manage TAF@Saghalie where we provide industry-relevant, equitable curriculum and experiences
- Partner with existing schools and coach staff and students to use our successful STEMbyTAF learning model
- Empower early-career educators and establish school leaders of color through educational equity and liberation pedagogy
The TAF Extended Learning Coordinator reports to the Director of TAF@Saghalie and plays an integral role within the school by serving as a key driver in stakeholder engagement at TAF@Saghalie. There are three key priority areas that the Extended Learning Coordinator will support: Student Engagement, Community Engagement and Family Engagement. Additionally, the Extended Learning Coordinator works with Program Managers at TAF@Saghalie to identify and execute STEM related field trips, career connected learning, college campus tours and other out of classroom learning experiences throughout the school year.
- Identify and implement Extended Learning Opportunities and partnerships to enhance student learning
- Develop and strengthen the student leadership of TAF@SGH, enroll students to participate as Ambassadors, identify leadership opportunities for them, provide personal and academic workshops.
- Train students to lead tours, speak to guests and volunteers, Partner with ASB adviser to promote school events and serve as school leaders
- Advisory workshops - collaborate with building principals to provide workshops for Students Ambassadors during STEMLab twice a month. Partner with volunteers to provide small group and self-advocacy training.
- TAF Luncheon student support - identify and select students and student projects to present at Luncheon. Provide after school work space and support (via Lead Support Specialists) to finalize all projects and practice presentations. Secure transportation to and from venue, oversee appropriate field trip logistics with building leadership
- STEM Expo student support - coordinate after school support for student projects, manage project progress, communicate progress to teachers and TAF staff
- Recruit rising 6th graders to Summer Jump Start, coordinate planning sessions with teachers, provide administrative support during the program, identify partnerships to provide hands-on experiences for students, partner with Tech Team to provide laptops and technology for students
- Build relationships with the three feeder elementary schools in the FWPS STEM region, communicate with TAF Instructional Coach for FWPS Transformation, attend feeder school events, extend invitations to attend TAF@SGH events, initiate parent outreach
- Attend community fairs and local events, staff TAF tables, speak to the work of TAF and TAF@SGH, build partnerships
- Partner with the Urban League to provide family resources, assist in hosting family events, engage parents and families in school events, promote programs
- In partnership with the administrative office, communicate Exhibition information to families, create flyers, initiate robo-calls, assist in increasing family attendance.
- Openness to participate in Racial Equity to recognize personal bias and improve performance through a racial equity lens
- Must embrace the mission of TAF and our goal of running an equitable organization
- Willingness to lead or be part of the team in an equitable, anti-racist manor
- Ability to represent the needs of students of color
- Exhibiting cultural and racial sensitivity and self-awareness
- Develop and cultivate a sense of belonging among team members at TAF capacity to create an environment that embraces a diversity of views and takes advantage of such collective knowledge to benefit the organization
- Consistently seek new experiences and opportunities for learning
- Regularly practice deep reflection, both verbally and in written form
- A self-starter with organizational and time-management skills
- Experience in underserved schools and communities
- Possess strong Interpersonal skills; having the ability to build positive relationships and maintain a good rapport with individuals and families.
- Developing written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to diverse audiences
- Actively source and engage a variety of stakeholders aligned to the project.
- Developing Research skills
- Basic social media content generation and posting skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members and external colleagues
- Ability to face new challenges and adapt to changes
- Ability and willingness to innovate independently and try things out
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Emerging ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently
- Familiarity working in diverse and multi-cultural and bilingual environments
- Ability to represent underserved children of color for higher education and professional success
Education and experiences:
- High school diploma or applicable experience
- Familiarity working in diverse and multi-cultural and bilingual environments in underserved schools and communities
- Fluency in languages other than English is a plus Ability to learn new productivity tools quickly
- Moderate to high proficiency in Microsoft Suite and digital content tools
- Pass all required criminal and child abuse background checks
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, reach, carry, push, pull and walk throughout the work period
Fluency in languages other than English is a plus.
TAF offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package:
- 100% of Medical paid by Employer for staff and dependents
- 2 weeks of accumulated vacation and 2 week of accumulated sick time